Whether you're gluten free, trying to be healthy or just craving pizza - cauliflower crust pizza is the way to go! I honestly never thought I'd prefer it to traditional pizza because lets face it bread it bread but this is yummier because its so much more flavourful. So warning everyone ahead of time: once you taste this cauliflower pizza, you will never enjoy a regular pizza again. Feel free to adjust your the quantities to your taste, and remember if you have a spice really use it, don't just sprinkle it.
Servings: 4 slices
Prep time: 25 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour.
- 1 large head cauliflower grated/riced.
- 1 egg or egg alternative
- 4 tbsp Vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- Fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
TOPPINGS (optional/ add whatever you like)
- 1/2 cup Puréed tomatoes
- 3 gloves of garlic minced
- 5 Oyster mushrooms or Portobello
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped up
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 2 green chillies finely sliced.
- Handful of Arugula
- Sundried tomatoes / cherry tomatoes
- Vegan Pesto
- Fresh basil
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Chilli flakes
Important side note: Toppings can just be replaced by mushrooms, vegan cheese and truffle oil to make it a truffle cauliflower pizza!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
Bring a large pot of water to boil
- Add grated (riced) cauliflower (to grate the cauliflower use a grater box) to the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes to soften the cauliflower.
- Drain the water with a fine mesh strainer and let it cool for 5 minutes
- While you're waiting for this, you can start on prepping your toppings by sautéing the veggies. Start with sautéing the garlic and onion in ghee/ coconut oil/olive oil. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms once the garlic is browning. Set aside once done
- Once the cauliflower rice is cooled transfer the rice to a cheese cloth and squeeze out as much water as possible. Make sure no more water can come out.
- In a large mixing bowl beat your egg. Then add in the cauliflower, sea salt, vegan parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and garlic.
- Thoroughly combine like a dough with your hands. This is my favourite step! Taste the dough and add whichever ingredient you're feeling more.
- Line your baking tray / pizza pan with with parchment paper and add oil to the pan to prevent sticking.
- Spread your dough into a circle and make sure it is spread evenly and is nice and thin to make it crispy (Around half an inch)
- Bake the crust for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully flip the crust. This will be challenging but if you add another parchment paper on top the crust the process will be easier and use a spatula.
- Bake for an additional of 15 minutes. Basically is has to be golden brown and the center firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and add your layer of pesto and pureed tomatoes. Then add arugula, more cheese, sun dried tomato and the rest of your toppings. Feel free to sprinkle some red chilli pepper and basil.
- Take a photo, tag us and enjoy the pizza! Let us know if you think if this was better than regular pizza!
It is fasting time for us at Shakti Warrior, and our tribe is getting ready for a really cool and effective blood purification fast. So, we thought we would share it with you so you can join us!
This fast is one of the first ones I ever did and one of my favorites. Not only because it is only 3 days, but because it is a blood purification fast, and it is super effective.