World Earth Hour is almost here and this year it comes at a time when we are facing exceptional circumstances. Although this is a challenge, all of us who are quarantined can still make a significant impact by participating digitally and from the comfort of our homes.
World Earth Hour was started in 2007 by the World Wide Fund. The first year, over 2 million residents in Sydney switched off the lights of their homes and offices for an hour in order to pledge their support to save the environment. The trend has caught on and there are over 180 countries that participate and actively observe this magic hour each year.
This year we are going through a challenging time, but instead of allowing this pandemic to get the best of us, why not make the best of it? Let’s try to get something positive out of this negative. Right?
We have already experienced the positive impact that quarantines have had on the environment. With most of us being home to participate during World Earth Hour this year, imagine how much more of an impact we are able to make!
Here are the details of this amazing magic hour started by WWF, and some fun things to do during the 60+ minutes of awesome darkness.
- Earth Hour 2020 will be observed on Saturday, March 28th from 8:30pm to 9:30pm your local time.
- To participate all you have to do is turn off all the lights in your home. If you want to take it even further, unplug all devices from power switches and extend the hour to however long you would like!
What do you do during this hour? Oh so many possibilities. Here are some fun tips:
- Practice candle-lit yoga
- Meditate or practice Pranayam
- Play hide and seek with your fam, or your pet
- Read a book candle side
- Have a candle-lit dance party (if you have glowsticks, use them!)
- Have dinner in the dark and make everyone guess what they are having
- Camp in your backyard (if you don’t have a backyard, turn your living room into a campsite and use bed sheets and pillows as tents)
- Play board games
These are just a few ideas to make World Earth Hour interesting. Whatever you decide to do, just have fun with it and do your best to participate for at least the full hour. Mother earth (and our Shakti Tribe) will thank you!
-- by Viviana Wilches
Whether you're gluten free, trying to be healthy or just craving pizza - cauliflower crust pizza is the way to go! I honestly never thought I'd prefer it to traditional pizza because lets face it bread is bread but this is yummier because its so much more flavourful. So warning everyone ahead of time: once you taste this cauliflower pizza, you will never enjoy a regular pizza again.
It is fasting time for us at Shakti Warrior, and our tribe is getting ready for a really cool and effective blood purification fast. So, we thought we would share it with you so you can join us!
This fast is one of the first ones I ever did and one of my favorites. Not only because it is only 3 days, but because it is a blood purification fast, and it is super effective.