Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1/2 pound of peeled and finely chopped Beets
2 x 400g cans of Chickpeas
1/2 a cup of chopped onions
1 cup of breadcrumbs
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp corriander seeds
1 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp exra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup of low fat yoghurt
1. Take the chickpeas, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of olive oil and puree it in a food processor until smooth.
2. Combine it in a bowl with the beets
3. Heat the 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and then add the cumin seeds, corriander seeds and the cayenne pepper for a minute.
4. Sautee the onions on the pan until they are translucent
5. Add salt to the onions
6. Add the breadcrumbs, 1 tbsp parsley, egg, onion and beets in a bowl and mix it well.
7. With damp hands take about a fistsize of the mixture and shape it into a round shape and then let it chill in the regrigerator for about 30 minutes.
8. Mix the yoghurt with parsley.
9. Serve the falafel balls with yoghurt and enjoy
Whether you're gluten free, trying to be healthy or just craving pizza - cauliflower crust pizza is the way to go! I honestly never thought I'd prefer it to traditional pizza because lets face it bread is bread but this is yummier because its so much more flavourful. So warning everyone ahead of time: once you taste this cauliflower pizza, you will never enjoy a regular pizza again.
It is fasting time for us at Shakti Warrior, and our tribe is getting ready for a really cool and effective blood purification fast. So, we thought we would share it with you so you can join us!
This fast is one of the first ones I ever did and one of my favorites. Not only because it is only 3 days, but because it is a blood purification fast, and it is super effective.