This year has been without a doubt an eventful year, and we are only half way through the third month! This past week has revealed that our daily lives can change without much warning and it is important to cherish all we have, particularly our health.
However, we do not want to indulge in the fear of all that is going on. Instead, let’s take this time to take better care of ourselves and adopt new and healthy routines and practices.
We know that most gyms and yoga studios will be closing (if they are not already closed) as a result of the pandemic. But, we also know that yoga is a holistic practice that strengthens our mind and soul, and it also increases the body’s defense mechanism.
So if you want to stay healthy and increase your immunity over the next few weeks, continue your daily practice and include the following immunity boosting poses into your flow:
- Balasana (Child’s Pose) - This wonder pose not only reduces stress and fatigue. It is also a natural chest decongestant and incredible immunity builder.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) - Not only will this pose help your back bends, it will also open your chest and assist in releasing immunity boosting white cells into the body.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) - This is another pose that will improve the flow of white cells by applying pressure on the digestive system.
- Halasana (Plow Pose) - This pose is therapeutic for fatigue and headaches and sinus issues. It is also an awesome backward bend that strengthens the immune system by stimulating the thyroid gland and releasing white blood cells.
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose) - This asana is wonderful for the respiratory system because it boosts oxygen and blood flow to the lungs, and it helps fight respiratory ailments. It also stimulates the thymus and improves immunity.
- Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose) - This last asana opens the heart and improves blood circulation. It also increases energy in the body to increase resistance against pathogens like Covid-19.
So get your antimicrobial cork yoga mat out, and get flowing to stay healthy with your self-practice during these uncertain times.
-- by Viviana Wilches
Whether you're gluten free, trying to be healthy or just craving pizza - cauliflower crust pizza is the way to go! I honestly never thought I'd prefer it to traditional pizza because lets face it bread is bread but this is yummier because its so much more flavourful. So warning everyone ahead of time: once you taste this cauliflower pizza, you will never enjoy a regular pizza again.
It is fasting time for us at Shakti Warrior, and our tribe is getting ready for a really cool and effective blood purification fast. So, we thought we would share it with you so you can join us!
This fast is one of the first ones I ever did and one of my favorites. Not only because it is only 3 days, but because it is a blood purification fast, and it is super effective.